Posts tagged ‘Agile’
Software Engineering Radio is a podcast targeted at the professional software developer. The goal is to be a lasting educational resource, not a newscast. Every ten days, a new episode is published that covers all topics software engineering. Episodes are either tutorials on a specific topic, or an interview with a well-known character from the software engineering world.
Agile is a mindset, not a method
The Agile mindset promotes evolutionary changes throughout the SDLC. It does so by emphasizing:
- Rapid development and delivery of small chunks of useable software
- Quick integration of changes in requirements: changes have to be dealt with appropriately without having to go through the lengthy process of a change management board
- Close collaboration between users, analysts, and programmers: they have to be available all the time at the same location and communicate face-to-face
- Empowering team members: responsibility is based on trust, not on authority
- Self-organizing teams: thanks to trust and close communication, team members can easily step up or down according to the issue at hand. There is no guru, and no fifth wheel.