Posts tagged ‘Testing’
TestNG is a testing framework inspired from JUnit and NUnit but introducing some new functionalities that make it more powerful and easier to use, such as:
- JDK 5 Annotations (JDK 1.4 is also supported with JavaDoc annotations).
- Flexible test configuration.
- Support for data-driven testing (with @DataProvider).
- Support for parameters.
- Allows distribution of tests on slave machines.
- Powerful execution model (no more TestSuite).
- Supported by a variety of tools and plug-ins (Eclipse, IDEA, Maven, etc…).
- Embeds BeanShell for further flexibility.
- Default JDK functions for runtime and logging (no dependencies).
- Dependent methods for application server testing.
TestNG is designed to cover all categories of tests: unit, functional, end-to-end, integration, etc…